The Tallahassee Chapter of the American Institute of Architects—the leading professional membership association for licensed architects, emerging professionals and allied partners since 1857—awarded CRA Architects with the Merit Design Award of Excellence for Tallahassee Community College’s new Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education.
The Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education, an immaculate, 85,000-square-foot building located on Surgeons Drive behind Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare, opened its doors to more than 400 students in the fall of 2011. Since then, this state-of-the-art facility has provided a secure and stimulating environment for the development of healthcare professionals.
The education center includes classrooms and labs for nursing, radiology, and respiratory education. These instructional spaces, including a mock ambulance, are designed to provide seamless transition from the educational setting to real-life situations. Also featured are an auditorium, offices, a library, study rooms, a simulation center and covered parking. Reflected in the design is the client’s vision to create a center in which one can “see the learning.” To achieve this, labs are oriented to face windows into wide corridors. These labs become small “studios” during open house exhibitions, as students demonstrate learned procedures to visitors meandering past the windows.
The AIA Honor & Design Awards Program is Florida’s most prestigious award program for this region’s architectural profession. The program recognizes both great design and outstanding individuals who contribute to the advancement of the profession.
The AIA Tallahassee Honor & Design Awards Program is held each year to encourage excellence in architecture, to elevate public consciousness of good design, and to recognize those owners, designers and contractors whose work enriches the built environment.
Additional accolades CRA Architects has received include:
- 2013 – CRA Achieves LEED Silver Certification for the Florida DMS OLTIS Data Center Renovation, Tallahassee, FL
- 2013 – CRA Achieves LEED Silver Certification for the Leon County/City of Tallahassee Public Safety Complex, Tallahassee, FL
- 2011 – Tallahassee/Leon County Historic Preservation Award: Outstanding Achievement in a Preservation Project of Regional Impact, Rehabilitation of the Old Wakulla County Courthouse, Crawfordville, FL
- 2011 – CRA Designs LEED Silver Certified Building: Glades County Health Clinic, Moore Haven, FL
- 2009 – CRA Designs Tallahassee’s First LEED Gold Certified Building: H2 Engineering Office Building, Tallahassee, FL
- 2009 – CRA President, Bill Rutherford, receives the Rotary Club Ethics in Business Award
- 2002 – Florida Educational Facilities Planners Association (FEFPA) Award for Tallahassee Community College History & Social Science Building, Tallahassee, Florida
- 2001 – Florida Trust for Historic Preservation Award: Non-Residential Restoration/Rehabilitation for the Russ House, Marianna, FL
- 1999 – Tallahassee/Leon County Historic Preservation Award: Outstanding Achievement in a Preservation Project of Regional Impact for the Russ House, Marianna, FL
- 1999 – Tallahassee/Leon County Historic Preservation Award: Award of Merit for Outstanding Rehabilitation Project of Regional Impact for the Florida Chautauqua Ritz Theater, DeFuniak Springs, FL
- 1994 – Tallahassee/Leon County Historic Preservation Award: Outstanding Achievement in New Construction Compatible with a Historic Structure, 1993 Leon High School Addition, Tallahassee, FL
- 1993 – American Building Manufacturer Award: Roofing and Architecture, Tallahassee Community College Administration Building, Tallahassee, FL
ABC Awards – Clemons, Rutherford & Associates the Architect of Record
- 2013 – Leon County & City of Tallahassee Public Safety Complex
- 2013 – Tallahassee Memorial Hospital NE Emergency Center
- 2013 – Greensboro Train Depot Historical Restoration (2 Awards)
- 2011 – Florida A&M University Tucker Hall
- 2011 – Florida Sheriff’s Association New Headquarters
- 2011 – Weems Urgent Care
- 2005 – Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare Bixler Emergency Center
- 2003 – Investar Office Complex (3 Awards)
- 2003 – Florida A&M University School of Business & Industry West Wing
- 2003 – East Gadsden High School – Project of the Year